Mission Statement ’Learning for Living.’
To provide education which enhances the students' learning, builds on their needs and respects their dignity. This education shall challenge them to achieve personal standards of excellence and reach their full potential.
Patricia Avenue school enrols students and their families/whaanau. We work in partnership with families and community agencies to:
• build networks which maximise students' opportunities to learn skills,
• develop students' independence and self-esteem and
• enable students to make significant personal decisions affecting their own future well-being.
To ensure each student has the opportunity to access a holistic education to meet their social, intellectual, physical and emotional needs, Patricia Avenue School provides a transdisciplinary team comprising of
• Occupational Therapists
• Speech and Language Therapists
• Music Therapist
• Music teacher
• Art teacher
• Vision Specialists
• Therapy Learning Support Assistants
• Classroom Learning Support Assistants
Daily Timetable (Base School)
The school day is divided into three blocks:
First block 9.00am – 10.30am Morning tea from 10.30am – 10.50am
Middle block 10.50am – 12.30pm Lunch break 12.30 – 1.30pm
Afternoon Block 1.30pm – 3pm
Satellite units follow the times of host schools.